Unleash your inner artist
With the right pencil, the correct depth of grey and some imagination, you can bring your ideas to life. Here are a few tips and techniques to draw still life.
- If you are a beginner, pick up simpler shapes and objects.
- Measure your subject. It doesn’t have to be precise. It’s just to give you an idea of ratio and proportion when you draw it on paper.
- Check the angle you want to draw at. Is it the full front view, or a profile that you are looking to draw.
- Draw a rough shape of the subject to get a feel of the eventual drawing.
- Give a form to the subject by observing the light and shadow areas. Fill the shadow areas with any style of shading you prefer.
- Now remove any unwanted construction lines.
- Correct and smoothen out any sharp edges or where mixing may not be proper.
- Add details and finish.